Latest Gran Canaria News, Views & Sunshine
The Las Palmas de Gran Canaria City Hall has updated their measures against Covid-19, following...Read More
The Canary Islands Ministry of Health have announced their sense of approval for the Tribunal...Read More
World’s pre-eminent expert on Canary Islands flora, Liverpudlian botanist, and Templar, Dr David Bramwell dies
World respected authority on Canary Islands flora, plants and trees, Liverpudlian, Doctor David...Read More
The Canary Islands Government has this Friday 18 June, instructed the Interdepartmental Work...
Canary Islands Government forced to cancel curfews, along with other suspended measures not supported by the regional High Court
The Canary Islands Regional Governing Council was forced yesterday to cancel curfews along with...
The Canary Islands Flight Development Fund will need to address lost connectivity across 80 air routes, accounting for 64% of the routes pre-pandemic
During talks over Spain’s Flight Development Fund, Canary Islands Regional Government...
The British Embassy in Madrid have forwarded an update for UK Nationals as a reminder of the requirements for living as an immigrant in Spain
An update for UK Nationals from The British Embassy in Madrid From 1 January, UK Nationals have...
What you need to know: Spain’s newly finalised Law of The New Normality is causing confusion about having to wear a mask even when sunbathing
For many, particularly in The Canary Islands, it was a bit of a bombshell to learn that...
Operation ‘Avio’ Spanish Tax Agency “Aduanas” intercept fishing boat carrying 18,000 kilos of hashish south of the Canary Islands
March 29, 2021 .- More details have emerged from Operation ‘Avio’, the second major...
Two separate maritime interventions results in several bales of hashish, potentially up to 10 tonnes, being seized and taken to Gran Canaria
Customs and Guardia Civil over this last week have intercepted up to ten tons of hashish on in two...
- Gran Canaria Weather: Cold wet weather front brings rain, snow and then Calima (again!) to Canary Islands 26th January 2022
- The Ministry of Health extends the mandatory Level 4 rules for closing times, capacity limits and travel 24th January 2022
- Lopesan’s ExpoMeloneras courts Cirque du Soleil, hoping to host their return in 2023 24th January 2022
- Las Palmas de Gran Canaria updates measures allowed under Health Alert Level 4 in the capital 22nd January 2022
- Mogán town hall suspends all markets due to Health Alert Level 4 21st January 2022
- Mandatory COVID certificates at Alert Levels 3 and 4 deemed “undoubtedly necessary” 21st January 2022
- The Canary Guide Weekend Tips 21-23 January 2022 21st January 2022
- World’s pre-eminent expert on Canary Islands flora, Liverpudlian botanist, and Templar, Dr David Bramwell dies 21st January 2022
- Gran Canaria and La Palma move up to Alert Level 4 and El Hierro to Level 3 20th January 2022
- Health Ministry requests high court approval to extend temporary covid certificate rules 19th January 2022
Curated news stories for English speakers who #LoveGranCanariaThe Canary News, Views & Sunshine - Est. 2009