Latest Gran Canaria News, Views & Sunshine
The Las Palmas de Gran Canaria City Hall has updated their measures against Covid-19, following...Read More
The Canary Islands Ministry of Health have announced their sense of approval for the Tribunal...Read More
World’s pre-eminent expert on Canary Islands flora, Liverpudlian botanist, and Templar, Dr David Bramwell dies
World respected authority on Canary Islands flora, plants and trees, Liverpudlian, Doctor David...Read More
The Division of Administrative Litigation of the Superior Court of Justice of the Canary Islands...
Two budgetary modifications, worth €10.6 million were taken to the San Bartolomé de Tirajana...
Canary Islands working with Spain to better share responsibility for migrant minors, and employment rights for government workers, taking control of coastal management and planning
Ángel Víctor Torres, the President of the Canary Islands, met in Madrid this Tuesday with...
The British Embassy in Madrid have forwarded an update for UK Nationals as a reminder of the requirements for living as an immigrant in Spain
An update for UK Nationals from The British Embassy in Madrid From 1 January, UK Nationals have...
What you need to know: Spain’s newly finalised Law of The New Normality is causing confusion about having to wear a mask even when sunbathing
For many, particularly in The Canary Islands, it was a bit of a bombshell to learn that...
Migratory flows headed for the Canary Islands continue to worry the Regional Government who fear “a constant humanitarian crisis”
Migratory flows, headed for the Canary Islands, continue to worry the Canary Islands Government,...
Maritime Rescue operations have increased this week, with all indicators pointing to greater numbers attempting the crossing by boat in 2021
Mar, 2021 | #TheCanaryMigrantCrisis, Demonstration, Editor's Thoughts, Film, Government, Immigrants, Immigration, Maspalomas, Migrants Gran Canaria, Mogán, News, Police, politics, Transport, Transport
As the springtime arrives and the weather becomes less hostile, so The Canary Islands, and the...
- Gran Canaria Weather: Cold wet weather front brings rain, snow and then Calima (again!) to Canary Islands 26th January 2022
- The Ministry of Health extends the mandatory Level 4 rules for closing times, capacity limits and travel 24th January 2022
- Lopesan’s ExpoMeloneras courts Cirque du Soleil, hoping to host their return in 2023 24th January 2022
- Las Palmas de Gran Canaria updates measures allowed under Health Alert Level 4 in the capital 22nd January 2022
- Mogán town hall suspends all markets due to Health Alert Level 4 21st January 2022
- Mandatory COVID certificates at Alert Levels 3 and 4 deemed “undoubtedly necessary” 21st January 2022
- The Canary Guide Weekend Tips 21-23 January 2022 21st January 2022
- World’s pre-eminent expert on Canary Islands flora, Liverpudlian botanist, and Templar, Dr David Bramwell dies 21st January 2022
- Gran Canaria and La Palma move up to Alert Level 4 and El Hierro to Level 3 20th January 2022
- Health Ministry requests high court approval to extend temporary covid certificate rules 19th January 2022
Curated news stories for English speakers who #LoveGranCanariaThe Canary News, Views & Sunshine - Est. 2009