Latest Gran Canaria News, Views & Sunshine
The Las Palmas de Gran Canaria City Hall has updated their measures against Covid-19, following...Read More
The Canary Islands Ministry of Health have announced their sense of approval for the Tribunal...Read More
World’s pre-eminent expert on Canary Islands flora, Liverpudlian botanist, and Templar, Dr David Bramwell dies
World respected authority on Canary Islands flora, plants and trees, Liverpudlian, Doctor David...Read More
Canary Islands working with Spain to better share responsibility for migrant minors, and employment rights for government workers, taking control of coastal management and planning
Ángel Víctor Torres, the President of the Canary Islands, met in Madrid this Tuesday with...
The British Embassy in Madrid have forwarded an update for UK Nationals as a reminder of the requirements for living as an immigrant in Spain
An update for UK Nationals from The British Embassy in Madrid From 1 January, UK Nationals have...
Detained without bail: Three Ukrainian crew members from the hashish smuggling Panamanian-flagged fishing vessel intercepted last weekend
The Central Court of Instruction number 6 has agreed to the three Ukrainian nationals being...
Fourteen men arrested by National Police including the skippers of seven boats that recently arrived on the coasts of Gran Canaria and Lanzarote
Spanish National Police have arrested a total of fourteen men on Gran Canaria and Lanzarote as...
Migratory flows headed for the Canary Islands continue to worry the Regional Government who fear “a constant humanitarian crisis”
Migratory flows, headed for the Canary Islands, continue to worry the Canary Islands Government,...
50 more feared perished at sea as Maritime Rescue search the ocean in response to warnings and a distress call from a sinking rubber boat
The Salvamento Maritime Rescue search plane that has been tracking the 100km-wide strip of ocean...
Maritime Rescue operations have increased this week, with all indicators pointing to greater numbers attempting the crossing by boat in 2021
Mar, 2021 | #TheCanaryMigrantCrisis, Demonstration, Editor's Thoughts, Film, Government, Immigrants, Immigration, Maspalomas, Migrants Gran Canaria, Mogán, News, Police, politics, Transport, Transport
As the springtime arrives and the weather becomes less hostile, so The Canary Islands, and the...
Europe hopes to restart tourism and travel with the new Digital Green Certificate to facilitate safe EU freedom of movement
On Wednesday the European Commission laid out their proposals for the new Digital Green...
- Gran Canaria Weather: Cold wet weather front brings rain, snow and then Calima (again!) to Canary Islands 26th January 2022
- The Ministry of Health extends the mandatory Level 4 rules for closing times, capacity limits and travel 24th January 2022
- Lopesan’s ExpoMeloneras courts Cirque du Soleil, hoping to host their return in 2023 24th January 2022
- Las Palmas de Gran Canaria updates measures allowed under Health Alert Level 4 in the capital 22nd January 2022
- Mogán town hall suspends all markets due to Health Alert Level 4 21st January 2022
- Mandatory COVID certificates at Alert Levels 3 and 4 deemed “undoubtedly necessary” 21st January 2022
- The Canary Guide Weekend Tips 21-23 January 2022 21st January 2022
- World’s pre-eminent expert on Canary Islands flora, Liverpudlian botanist, and Templar, Dr David Bramwell dies 21st January 2022
- Gran Canaria and La Palma move up to Alert Level 4 and El Hierro to Level 3 20th January 2022
- Health Ministry requests high court approval to extend temporary covid certificate rules 19th January 2022
Curated news stories for English speakers who #LoveGranCanariaThe Canary News, Views & Sunshine - Est. 2009