Category: Editor’s Thoughts
Migratory flows headed for the Canary Islands continue to worry the Regional Government who fear “a constant humanitarian crisis”
Migratory flows, headed for the Canary Islands, continue to worry the Canary Islands Government,...
GüïGüí Mushroom Party: Guardia Civil and Policia Canaria launch joint operation to catch beach partiers high on hallucinogenic fungi, and without masks
A bunch of young people celebrating at a GüïGüí Mushroom Party, on hard to access beach, while...
Maritime Rescue operations have increased this week, with all indicators pointing to greater numbers attempting the crossing by boat in 2021
by The Canary | Mar 18, 2021 | #TheCanaryMigrantCrisis, Demonstration, Editor's Thoughts, Film, Government, Immigrants, Immigration, Maspalomas, Migrants Gran Canaria, Mogán, News, Police, politics, Transport, Transport | 0 |
As the springtime arrives and the weather becomes less hostile, so The Canary Islands, and the...
Join The Open Conversation…
Join The Private Conversation…
Get your 99¢ worth, Subscribe & Have your say as a VIP contributor:
The Canary Weather
- A covid test certificate is required for all travellers coming to the Canary Islands, including from the rest of Spain where these are free for residents 15th April 2021
- Vice President of Cabildo de Gran Canaria agrees to directly assist in funding The Food Project in Arguineguín 14th April 2021
- We’re all made of stardust, but only some of us know how to shine. How Andy Reed shone 14th April 2021
- Mogán Town Council again announces restrictions to the water supply, unfit for human consumption, this time in the Soria neighbourhood 13th April 2021
- Ash from the volcano erupting in the Caribbean could arrive over Spain from Wednesday with the expected storm 13th April 2021
- Nearly 50 arrests as part of Gran Canaria Policia Nacional investigation against people trafficking to The Canary Islands 12th April 2021
- Binter adds new direct weekly air routes, connecting Canary Islands with French, Italian and Spanish cities, among 26 other destinations beyond the archipelago 12th April 2021
- Volcanic Plume of Sulphur Dioxide Stretches Across The Atlantic From The Caribbean to The Canary Islands 11th April 2021
- Canary Islands Covid numbers remain relatively low, but a sudden increase in hospitalisations this week have brought concerns of a more virulent fourth wave 11th April 2021
- Secret police operation makes 30 arrests since coordinated raids across south of Gran Canaria on Friday 11th April 2021