Fire at Los Arcos Playa del Inglés
Fire broke out in the restaurant kitchen around 7am and spread to the reception area…
Posted by TheCanary.TV on Tuesday, April 30, 2019
A fire broke out this morning, Tuesday, April 30, at the bungalows ‘Los Arcos’ in the well known tourist resort of Playa del Inglés.
Several people caught the smoke and flames on camera, sharing across social networks, as two consortium fire engines were being deployed to the scene, supported of the Local Police of San Bartolomé de Tirajana, and units from the National Police.
It appears, the fire may have started due to an electrical short circuit in a kitchen at approximately 7am and then spread through the restaurant and reception area of the complex, causing a large column of black smoke to rise, which could be seen from some distance, and causing alarm among pedestrians and drivers around the vicinity of the complex. No injuries have been reported.
The main 112 Canary Islands Government Coordination and Emergency Centre were alerted of the situation and have deployed the necessary resources to extinguish the blaze.