The Canary Islands Government Committee for Investment and Strategic Projects agreed this week to submit a total of 14 projects to the Governing Council for consideration as being of strategic interest to the Archipelago. Once approved, administrative deadlines for their implementation will be reduced by half.
Six of the proposed projects are On Gran Canaria :
– a Wind farm at “La Caleta”, in San Bartolomé de Tirajana
– The “Valle La Aldea” Project, in the Village of San Nicolás
– “El Escobar I” wind farm in Ingenio
– “El Escobar II” Wind Farm, in Ingenio
– A Photovoltaics Park “Sustainable Southeast I, II, II and IV”, in San Bartolomé de Tirajana
– A Photovoltaics Park “Aldea Blanca I”, in San Bartolomé de Tirajana
Once approved for any such project, this administrative system is set up to speed up development for those deemed most necessary by cutting down on bureaucracy, this will mean halving the normal administrative deadlines for implementation. The projects proposed will now be sent to the Governing Council, who will have the final say.